By now many of you have heard that Facebook is going to be making some drastic changes to user profiles within the next few weeks. The biggest change that Facebook will be making, called Facebook Timeline, is highly invasive to user’s privacy as it will literally display absolutely EVERYTHING that you have posted to your Facebook wall. The following procedure allows you to enable the beta version of the Facebook Timeline NOW giving you the opportunity to clean up your profile BEFORE Facebook makes Timeline available to all of its users. I can guarantee that you will be absolutely shocked to see you entire life unfold in front of your very eyes via Facebook’s Timeline feature. It also would not surprise me if Facebook loses a ton of users to Google Plus as a result.
How To Enable Facebook Timeline Beta
1. Navigate to www.facebook.com/developer and click on Allow.
3. Enter the correct CAPTCHA key phrase in the Security Check Required window and click on Submit.
4. Click Open Graph on the left hand side of the facebook DEVELOPERS screen.
5. Fill in anything in the two boxes (literally make something up) and click on Get Started.
6. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the next screen and click on “Save Changes and Next.”
7. Again, scroll all the way to the bottom of the next screen and click on “Save Changes and Next.”
8. Click Save and Finish on the next screen.
9. You will now be taken to a screen called Apps > Timeline > Open Graph. Wait approximately 10 minutes and return to your Facebook homepage.
10. Upon returning to your Facebook homepage you will be asked to click Get It Now in order to enable the new Facebook Timeline feature.
11. Click Publish Now to publish your Facebook Timeline. Please note that since the Facebook Timeline is currently still in development that only you and other Facebook developers will be able to see your new timeline. Everyone else will see your old Facebook profile until the Facebook Timeline feature is officially released. Now would be an excellent time to clean up your Facebook profile before the rest of the world will be able to see everything that you’ve ever posted to Facebook!