Although it is true that there isn’t a Windows 7 video driver available for the Dell Dimension B110 it is still possible to force the integrated Intel i865GV video card to work properly by making a simple adjustment to the Dimension B110’s BIOS.
Dell Dimension B110 Windows 7 Driver
1. Turn on the computer and press F2 to enter the BIOS.
2. Scroll down to Integrated Devices (LegacySelect Options) using the arrow keys and press enter.
3. Now scroll down to Onboard Video Buffer and use the arrow keys to change this setting from 1 MB to 8 MB.
4. Press Esc until you are prompted to Save Changes And Exit, press enter to exit the BIOS.
5. Windows 7 will boot as normal only you will now be able to set your Dell Dimension B110’s screen resolution to 1024 x 768 with 16 bit color by right clicking on the Windows 7 Desktop and left clicking on Screen resolution. Select 1024 x 768 and click on Apply.
The issue at hand here is that the Dell Dimension B110 shipped with the older, and now unsupported Intel 865GV integrated graphics controller. Simply allocating more memory to the video buffer allows for the Dimension B110’s integrated graphics card to work properly on Windows 7 albeit as a standard VGA adapter. You won’t be able to use any of the Aero graphics themes, but Windows 7 will still run very well on your Dell Dimension B110.
Dell Dimension B110 Memory Upgrade
As an aside, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to know that your Dell Dimension B110 can support up to 2 GB of RAM. I would highly recommend this upgrade as you’ll find that Windows 7 will perform much better on your Dimension B110 after a memory upgrade. You can purchase RAM for your Dimension B110 directly from Amazon.